30 Hours Early Years Entitlement
30 Hours – 30 Hours Offer Information at Imperial Avenue Infant
We are happy to announce we are able to offer a number of 30 hours places to those children entitled to it. If you are interested and think you may be entitled please follow the local authority guidance below.
Information on 30 hours entitlement and how to apply
All families with a 3 and 4 year old child will still be eligible for the universal offer of free early education of up to 15 hours a week term time. Some children will be eligible for extended childcare from this date, which is up to 30 hours a week term time.
You will be eligible for 30 hours if the criteria below apply to you:
- both parents must be working (or the sole parent is working in a lone parent family), and each parent earns a weekly minimum equivalent to 16 hours at national minimum wage or living wage, and less than £100,000 per year
- working will include employed and self-employed persons
- in general families where one parent does not work (or neither parent works) will not be eligible for these additional hours
- both parents are employed but one or both parents is temporarily away from the workplace on parental, maternity or paternity leave
- both parents are employed but one or both parents is temporarily away from the workplace on adoption leave
- both parents are employed but one or both parents is temporarily away from the workplace on statutory sick pay
- one parent is employed and one parent has substantial caring responsibilities based on specific benefits received for caring or one parent is employed and one parent is disabled or incapacitated based on receipt of specific benefits
What you have to do to apply
You can check what help you could get with childcare costs and an indication as to your eligibility for 30 hours free childcare via www.gov.uk/childcare-calculator. You need to go to a “checking portal “to find out if you are eligible.
The Online Portal
- Parents will be able to apply for both Tax Free Childcare and 30 hour free childcare through a joint application system
- It will provide a simple journey for all parents and because the criteria are similar, it will avoid the need to provide the same information twice
- parents will be expected to inform HM Revenue and Customs of any change in circumstance that may affect their eligibility
- if eligibility changes there is a proposed grace period – this is intended to enable children to keep their place if parents become ineligible
30 hours and Other Variations
For details on how to register and check for eligibility for the 30 hours visit https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk
At Imperial Avenue Infant we will be offering a number of 30 hours places on a strictly first come, first served basis.
Nursery Lunch Club
For those three year olds who attend school under the 30 hours extended funding, a charge of £1 per child per day will be made. This daily charge includes a proportionate cost for staffing, premises costs, insurance, equipment and materials. This can be subject to change at the schools discretion.
The 30 hour places’ hours at Imperial Avenue will be 8.30am to 3.20pm Monday to Friday. Lunch period is from 11.30am to 12.20pm and you will be required to provide your child with a healthy packed lunch or alternatively you can buy a school meal currently at a price of £2.30 per day. This can be subject to change at the schools discretion