Please read the information below which gives details of our Pupil Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities and to close the gaps between them and their peers.
All schools receive the following funding for each child registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years:
- £1,320 for pupils in reception year to year 6
- £1,900 for pupils who have been in local authority care for 1 day or more or having left local authority care because of 1 of adoption, a special guardianship order, a child arrangements order or a residence order
The Early Years Pupil Premium is additional funding for early years settings to improve the education they provide for disadvantaged 3 and 4 year olds.
Parents – please come in and see us and we will support you in applying for Pupil Premium for your child if you are in receipt of any of the following:
- Income-based jobseekers’ allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of state pension credit
- Child tax credit, provided that you are not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of £16,190 or less
- Universal credit
- Income support
Also if your child has been adopted from care on or after 30 December 2005 left care under a Special Guardianship Order on or after 30 December 2005, a Residence Order on or after 14 October 1991 please let us know.
The information will be treated in strictest confidence but will enable us to provide more for your child.
You only need to apply once and the pupil premium stays with your child for at least 6 years.