Support at home
If you need any help with the home learning, have any questions about the work, or anything else during school hours, you can message Miss Johnson and Mrs Partridge directly from your classdojo page, we are here to help children learning at home whilst other Year 2 staff are helping children in school.
VIDEO MESSAGE - Year 2 leavers
A note from the Year 2 staff....
We are all very sad to know that we won't be able to work with you all again. You have been a very special year group who have been great role models to the younger year groups, showing the true spirit of Imperial Avenue. We wish we could have celebrated your time at Imperial Avenue in our usual way with an end of year leaver's assembly. However, just because you are at home doesn't mean we can't come together virtually to celebrate your journey through school and how amazing you have all been!
We would love it if you would be able to create a message for your friends and grown ups in your class. There are different ways in which you could choose to do this, some examples are posted below (use the app "chatterpix kids" to make the pictures and photos talk!). The messages will then be put together into a class montage/video that will be shared with the families in your class. If you choose a different way, that's great, be creative and we can add it to the class videos. If you choose to create a photo message, by sending it you agree to the photo being shared with those families. Please send any messages to email@example.com
Ideas to include in your message...
My favourite memory...
I will miss...
Thank you, we look forward to seeing your messages and creating something special as a keepsake for you all.
The Year 2 team.
Summer Term 2
We hope you had a lovely week off with your family and had lots of fun. We all miss you lots! Don't forget to share things you have done or send messages on Class Dojo to keep in touch with your teachers and friends!
Half term tasks
As it is half term we are not going to be setting daily learning tasks as we feel it is important to have a rest over this week. Below we have listed 5 activities we think would be fun and engaging to do if you would like.
- Activity 1- Bake something with a grown up! Make sure to send us pictures your creations.
- Activity 2- Show us a skill- take a video or picture of you showcasing a skill you love to do, this could be anything e.g singing, dancing, juggling, magic tricks or drawing.
- Activity 3- Increase your flexibility and have a go at one of the cosmic yoga routines on youtube- the link for this can be found below.
- Activity 4- Have a go at one of the step by step drawing videos from Rob Biddulph, the link is below.
- Activity 5- Complete this workout- Can you create your own?
10 star jumps
5 hops on each leg
Run for ten seconds
Touch your toes then reach up to touch the sky- 5 times
We are now in the Summer term!
We hope you have had a lovely Easter holidays and a well deserved rest in these unprecedented times. We will be posting daily work below that links to learning we have already covered. This allows your children to become really secure in their learning and build on their existing skills and knowledge.
If you haven't already connected to your teachers through class dojo, please check your junk emails. Invites have been sent to all parents. You are able to contact any of us through the class dojo system and send us any work you have been doing or ask for help if you are unsure about anything.
Year 2 team
Hello everyone. As it is the Easter holidays we will not be setting daily tasks for you as it is important for you to rest and relax. However, here is a list of ideas if you want to keep children busy or just to try for fun!
- Bake a cake or make Easter nest cakes
- Have an Easter egg hunt in your house
- Each member of the family choose a film and write it down, put the options into a jar and pick a different one each night to enjoy together
- Make an Easter card
- Decorate an egg
- Make an Easter bonnet
- Make a snakes and ladders game. Either by using chalk on the pavement or slabs outside or tape on the kitchen floor.
- Create an Easter toilet roll creature (see pdf below for examples)
- Make a family keepsake (see pdf below)
- If you do not know how to, learn how to tie your shoe laces.
- Go on a walk or into your garden and collect some natural resources such as stones, sticks, leaves or flowers. Then create a natural piece of art inspired by Andy Goldsworthy in your garden.
If you would like to do some work you can look back at the activities set previously.
Have a lovely holiday,
Year 2 teachers