Thursday 14th May
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
Today is the last day of our Hungry Caterpillar work! I hope you have enjoyed it so far!
Have a listen to the story again before you start your work today. Can you pause the story or stop reading and think about what is coming next? Can you retell the story in your own words?
Today we have a number of tasks that you could complete. You do not need to do them all, but have a try and one or two.
- Can you create your own caterpillar using an egg box? (see art ideas)
- Can you create a butterfly picture? (see art ideas). You could use paint, crayons or even use purple mash to create one on a smartphone, computer or tablet.
- Have a look at the maths booklet attached. Can you pick an activity to have a go at?
- Can you use playdough to make your own caterpillars? Can you make a long caterpillar and a short caterpillar? Can you ask a grown up to make lots for you of different lengths and can you sort them from the longest to the shortest?
- Can you write a book review? Did you like the story? What was your favourite part?
- Can you draw a picture of your favourite part and write a sentence?
The story is based upon the lifecycle of a butterfly. Can you look at the story with an adult and talk about the life cycle? How does it start? what is next? Can you draw a picture or sequence the life cycle?