Aims of the School
We aim to:
- provide a friendly, safe, supportive and inclusive learning environment
- acknowledge the importance of a child’s previous experiences, as a
starting point for learning
- teach skills and develop attitudes for life
- provide a curriculum that has breadth, balance, relevance and progression
- encourage appropriate behaviour at school, in work and play
- respect and value cultural diversity; within school and the wider community
- work in partnership with families and the community to foster home-school links
Mission Statement –
We value and respect the uniqueness of each child
and work together to achieve success
At Imperial Avenue Infant School we feel it is important that children feel happy and secure so that they can work to the best of their ability and make good progress. The school offers a broad and balanced curriculum which covers all aspects of school life and not just the subjects viewed as part of the National Curriculum. School life should provide all children with the skills they will need for life in the 21st century. We encourage the children to set themselves realistic goals which provides them with a sense of achievement and raises their self-esteem.
Children need to feel a sense of ownership of the school they attend which places emphasis on children’s responsibilities to treat all people with respect and to be caring of each other. Some of the expectations we have of our children encompass our school values which seek to promote the development of the whole-child within our society.